Register Now
Kane99

Anyone here play that atrocious Walking Dead: Destinies game?

The Walking Dead has a spotty record for video games, you got good ones from the Telltale series, and you got a bad one with The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, but then you get a good game like Saints and Sinners, and then fall back down with something as bad as The Walking Dead: Destinies. The newest bad game in a confusing mess of good to bad games. 

The telltale games will always have a special place in my heart. The first season alone is one of my favorite games. And I need to play the final season yet, but will get to that one of these days. I even played the Survival Instinct game around the time it came out, even joke gifted it to my niece who was a fan of the show at the time. That game was awful and when I saw Destinies I was immediately remined of it. But from what I saw in this new game, this looks far worse. 

I haven't played the new game and I don't intend to. It looks like an absolute chore to get through, and it doesn't look any bit fun. Sure the wonky static cutscenes, cringey looking character models and voice acting may provide some laughs for a bit, but I imagine it doesn't help the game for long. 

If you haven't seen the game in action, just have a look at the video review to get an idea of what you'd be getting into. 

I love the Telltale series, it was damn good and you really need to finish the last one. 

I have mixed feelings on the Destinies game. Looks like they made this game exactly like the tv series. And since I'm a big fan of the series, I would be interested playing this game. I've watched the tv series many times now, well the earlier series that is which is where this game takes place. I would love to put myself in there again while playing a game, despite its bad reviews. That's just me though. Maybe I'd get bored with its gameplay, who knows. Maybe I'll be excited to relive every moment from the show.