Register Now
Kane99

Marvel's Wolverine game discussion

Since the recent Insomniac hack, the news on Marvel's Wolverine has blown up. The hack revealed a lot more than just Wolverine, but I wanted to make this topic to discuss specifically the new Wolverine game, what we can expect, what we want, what was leaked, and all that jazz. As you know, a demo build of the game leaked, and I hear if you search for it, you can download and play it. Do that at your own volition, I won't tell you where or how to find it. But if you don't want to take that risk, there is video of the game in action, although there is clearly a lot of work to be done as animations looked half finished. But it still gives us an idea of what this game might look like. You can watch the video below. 

You can read more about the Wolverine leak as a whole here, what was leaked etc - https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/leaked-gameplay-footage-from-marvels-wolverine-pc-dev-build/

Now, lets discuss what this game can be. Do you see it being similar to the Spider-Man games? It does look pretty fast from the gameplay and movement, but clearly looks a lot more violent. I heard it'll be M rated, so that's to be expected. I hope the violence is on par or even better than what we got with that last Wolverine game, was it X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I just want them to show battle damage to Wolverine just like in that game. Always thought that was cool. 

Do you think they will have Spider-Man appear? I assume some of the X-Men will be featured, who do you think we could see? 

Edited by Kane99

First off, I'm going to point out that this information has come from a source that is far less than trustworthy. I'm not saying they're lying, I'm saying there're not trustworthy.  There is a difference between honesty an trust, that's why they're two separate words. There could have been stuff added or redacted from those leaked files and it's all under the control of criminals.

To the point. What is the point of watching footage, and certainly playing, a build of a game that the people who made it weren't even ready to announce yet? Have people learned nothing from past to know that early build footage and even trailers are not to be taken seriously? I refuse to watch the footage, so it could be an Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag situation whare an early build of the game shown to the press crashed and barley worked with the world watching when the game ended up being great, or it could be "The Day Before" whare this early footage was a complete lie.

Honestly, I don't understand why you are so keen to advertise so many details of these leaks. It's like saying, "I'm not telling you how to assassinate Joe Biden, but this is whare he'll be as his most vulnerable on this date at this time". I mean, why? I already explained why this does not give any clear indication of the quality of the game we can expect when it's so early in development the studio making it aren't even prepared to announced, so what purpose does this serve?

I'll leave this thread be, but because there is a single, and like I said less than trustworthy, source of information sourced from this, any further threads on these leaks are prohibited. Further discussion of anything not related to this specific game will be removed. There is a thread in existence to discuss these leaks already, find that thread here.