Register Now
Kennysplash

Do you think the gaming media is affecting gameplay experience?

Say, about 15 years ago there was little about games on the internet. If you are stuck on a level you have to either ask your friends how to go about it or figure it out yourself, which makes it all more exciting. 

That is totally different now. If stuck, anyone can just go online and watch a few minutes video to learn how to advance. It’s all a search away. Does this not ruin gameplay experience?

Besides, we get more snippets of these games online before they are released. Although we can say that it builds anticipation, still it eventually reduces our excitement when we get these games. That’s because we sort of know what to expect, thanks to the media. 

What is your opinion on the effect of the media on gaming?

3 hours ago, Debashis said:

Yes, the gaming media can influence the gameplay experience through reviews, previews, and coverage that can shape players' expectations and perceptions of a game before they even play it.

Would you say that this is in a good or bad way? I just want to know if it’s just me or there are others that see the media’s effect on gaming as negative. It just has done some damage to the amazing and exciting gaming experience we used to have. 

10 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

Would you say that this is in a good or bad way? I just want to know if it’s just me or there are others that see the media’s effect on gaming as negative. It just has done some damage to the amazing and exciting gaming experience we used to have. 

It's somewhere in the middle. Opinions on the media's influence on gaming can vary. Some may see it as positive, as it helps inform and guide players in making purchasing decisions. Others may view it as negative, believing that it can create unrealistic expectations and lead to disappointment. It ultimately depends on individual perspectives and experiences.

Yes of course, it's a fact that the gaming media now have a very big and strong impact on gaming experience right now. Talk about the power of video games spoilers, it's through the gaming media they are carried all over world. You can also add the reviews and so many other contents that are being covered by the media.