Register Now
Kane99

Do you backup all of your gaming clips for safe keeping?

With the news that Microsoft was deleting gaming clips and screenshots that weren't saved after a certain period of time, it made me wonder if I had saved all of my xbox clips before I broke my xbox. Oh well, I don't think there was anything too important. I think all the clips I wanted to keep, were already saved so should still be available. Anyway, because of this news, do you now make sure to backup all of your gaming clips instead of waiting for it to possibly be deleted later? I know Xbox will sometimes autodelete a clip you take in game unless you save it to your system. 

Do you backup your gaming clips to YouTube or other platforms? I have used YouTube in the past to keep all of my gaming clips, at least the ones I want to keep.

I do tend to backup my video gaming files to Google Drive. Not only because I’m wanting to keep them safe but I simply don’t have enough storage on my hard drive. So always a safer option too

Edited by Bizdustry

On 1/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, Kane99 said:

With the news that Microsoft was deleting gaming clips and screenshots that weren't saved after a certain period of time, it made me wonder if I had saved all of my xbox clips before I broke my xbox. Oh well, I don't think there was anything too important. I think all the clips I wanted to keep, were already saved so should still be available. Anyway, because of this news, do you now make sure to backup all of your gaming clips instead of waiting for it to possibly be deleted later? I know Xbox will sometimes autodelete a clip you take in game unless you save it to your system. 

Do you backup your gaming clips to YouTube or other platforms? I have used YouTube in the past to keep all of my gaming clips, at least the ones I want to keep.

Google Drive have being my best platform to backup all of my gaming clips to. Although, it's not everything that I backup all the time but whenever I want to, it's going straight to Google Drive.