Register Now
Kane99

I'd like a remake of Fighting Force (PS1/N64)

I know the original game was a mixed bag for some, but I had a hell of a blast playing this with my friend and brother back in the day on the PS1. Even though it wasn't that good of a game and got pretty repetitive, I still had lot of fun with it. So much so, that I would welcome a remake. I doubt that would ever happen of course, as I don't think it was a game people particularly cared about. But if it ever happened, I would put money down on it. 

I think with a remake, they could do a hell of a lot more these days. Would you like a remake? Or even an updated remaster with better controls and additional content? 

Years ago, I'd have had no problem with the idea but nowadays, most game studios tend to mess up remasters/remakes with Capcom being one of the few exceptions. You only need to look at the GTA trilogy that was released recently to see my point.

I would love a remake of Fighting Force too! Years ago I played it with a friend, then I played Streets of Rage and thought it reminded me of FF. Makes sense, after all Fighting Force is what the original Streets of Rage 4 was going to be. Sega sold the assets they made for SoR 4 to Core. It's a fun 3D beat em up, I think the genre was getting a bit stale when it came out and maybe that's why some people didn't like it? I loved it and I have a copy of the game now.