Register Now
Kane99

Will we see any new inFamous games soon?

PlayStation hasn't released a new inFamous game since their release of Second Son in 2014, which is nearing 10 years now without a new game in the series. Do you think Sony forgot about the franchise? Do you think we'll ever see remasters or remakes of the original two games and maybe a remaster of Second Son? 

We'd of course have to hope for Sucker Punch to make a new game, they've been mostly focused on Ghost of Tsushima. But now they look to be free to make new games, do you think that a sequel to inFamous could happen? Or are we more likely to land a remaster or remake of the original games? 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:07 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I would hope so. PS4 was my first time dipping my toes into the world of PlayStation and I played Infamous: New Light first, and THEN it was that I played Infamous: Second Son. Both of these games were fantastic and I would absolutely love another.

The problem with Sony nowadays is that they're more interested in making remakes and Live-service games so a lot of really good IPs fall to through the cracks.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:23 PM, killamch89 said:

The problem with Sony nowadays is that they're more interested in making remakes and Live-service games so a lot of really good IPs fall to through the cracks.

I've heard that the Infamous series goes back to past console generations, before Second Son and New Light. I certainly wouldn't mind if they remade these for the current generation.