Register Now
Heatman

Do you let your kids play your video games?

What kind of video games do you play have your your gaming platform that you play most of the time? Are those games safe enough for you to allow your kids play them or them sneaking in to play when you're not at home? There are gamers who prefer playing adult rated games which isn't good for kids to play such games in my opinion. 

Do you allow your kids play your video games?

I don’t have one yet, but I’m sure my kid won’t be allowed to play certain games. Of course he would start playing early, but selectively. I won’t have him exposed to lewd games at an early age. 

I don't have kids yet either, but this is something I've thought about a lot. I've already decided that I'm just going to get them something like the Genesis Mini, Neo Geo Mini, or one of those Chinese emulation boxes with thousands of games on them. I'll start them gaming on one of those when they're about 4 or 5, and that's all they're getting until they're over 10 and have proven they can take care of their stuff. I'm not getting a new console that costs hundreds of dollars and giving it to a young child. Sure that's how I started gaming when I was growing up, but back then there wasn't a massive pre-existing library of classic games available at rock-bottom prices. There's no reason to do that anymore.

As far as games I don't want my kids playing, mostly it's the modern live-service stuff and open-world games that take hundreds of hours to finish. I may want to introduce them to the hobby, but I don't want it taking up all of their free time like it did during my childhood.

I don't have kids yet as I'm not married but when I have kids, I would definitely let them play my games. In fact, I would make sure to take some time out everyday to have a gaming session with them. I guess it would be fun!