Register Now
Kane99

Ever inspired to try new things/experiences because of a video game?

I know it may sound weird, but have you ever been inspired to try new things or experiences because of a video game? Maybe it was a mission that featured a location you'd like to travel to one day, or maybe maybe the game introduced you to certain things like foods, drinks, and even cultures. Maybe a game inspired you to ask questions about the world. Is there any games that have inspired you in such a way? 

There has to be people who are inspired to try out new things because of a video game. I'm sure it happens with movies, tv, books, etc. I suppose you could say for me, traveling to certain locations would be something I could one day see myself doing. Like in Hitman for example, with the level in Sapienza. I'd love to visit a place like that one day. I've never been one for traveling, but that game made it look like a place I should see. And I do need to get out of my comfort zone anyway. 

Drifting. It seems so easy in games and even movies, but I rarely witness it. I know have to consider some factors, since I’m always on express road. 
But it’s what I would love to try, at the same time the thought of it gives me chills. 

1 hour ago, Kennysplash said:

Drifting. It seems so easy in games and even movies, but I rarely witness it. I know have to consider some factors, since I’m always on express road. 
But it’s what I would love to try, at the same time the thought of it gives me chills. 

Which racing games made you want to get into drifting? Gran Turismo made me want to get into track racing.