Register Now
Kane99

Paranormal Activity video game coming in 2026

A video game based on the popular Paranormal Activity movie series is in the works and is expected to drop sometime in 2026. It's being developed by DarkStone Digital who did The Mortuary Assistant. DreadXP will publish it. I think Paranormal Activity works better in game form anyway. The movies were never scary to me. Plus with DarkStone Digital developing it, I expect it to be scary enough, they did a decent job with the Mortuary Assistant.

Also, they are working with Paramount Games to make this happen. 

More on this story here: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2024/03/a-paranormal-activity-video-game-is-coming-in-2026/

I loved the movies and will be checking this game when it comes out. I've always been a fan of paranormal movies, and thought the movies did a pretty good job of depicting a haunting. (I believe in ghosts but that's for a different thread.) I'll have to tell my wife about this since she loved those movies too. Her and my mother in law tagged along with me when the first one came out and they freaked out but it didn't scare me lol. The game on the other hand will probably freak me out more.

1 hour ago, Ravenfreak said:

I loved the movies and will be checking this game when it comes out. I've always been a fan of paranormal movies, and thought the movies did a pretty good job of depicting a haunting. (I believe in ghosts but that's for a different thread.) I'll have to tell my wife about this since she loved those movies too. Her and my mother in law tagged along with me when the first one came out and they freaked out but it didn't scare me lol. The game on the other hand will probably freak me out more.

Same - the Paranormal movies were scary as hell and I loved them all. What I also liked was how interconnected the movies were. Every event played a significant part in how the events unfolded in the subsequent sequels.