Register Now
Kane99

The Shadow the Hedgehog game any good?

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

I know the majority of 3D style Sonic games, including their spin-offs, were pretty bad. One that I remember vaguely is Shadow the Hedgehog. I have a copy of the game on the PS2, but I have never played it. Picked it up from a thrift store years ago and forgot I had it until recently. I looked at reviews for the time it was released, and they weren't good reviews. Has anyone here played it, and if so, how is it? Would it be worth playing it? I have considered bringing out my PS2 to play it, but idk if I really want to put myself through that if the game is actually awful.

It released on the PS2, Xbox and GameCube back in 2005.  

From what I remember, it was decent. In my opinion, it's distinctly average - a few of Shadow's lines are actually hilarious. The gameplay is mainly a mirror of Sonic except he also used weapons.

Trust me when I say it's not as bad as Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric. It isn't even near as bad as Sonic 06 either, it's an okay game. Stay away from the PS2 version, the Gamecube or Xbox versions are better. I used to defend the game more when I was 16 since I really loved it back then, but now I can see it's alright. There are a few different endings to get so if you do play it, you'll be replaying it quite often. I know a few people who obtained all the endings. Honestly the internet is way too harsh on Sonic as a whole, sure there are some bad 3D games but the majority of them aren't too terrible. They're not as good as the 2D games, but they're good. (Not all of them of course!)

On 3/9/2024 at 11:38 AM, Ravenfreak said:

Trust me when I say it's not as bad as Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric. It isn't even near as bad as Sonic 06 either, it's an okay game. Stay away from the PS2 version, the Gamecube or Xbox versions are better. I used to defend the game more when I was 16 since I really loved it back then, but now I can see it's alright. There are a few different endings to get so if you do play it, you'll be replaying it quite often. I know a few people who obtained all the endings. Honestly the internet is way too harsh on Sonic as a whole, sure there are some bad 3D games but the majority of them aren't too terrible. They're not as good as the 2D games, but they're good. (Not all of them of course!)

I agree - I did like some of Shadow's dialogue in the game though. His whole persona is certainly different from Sonic and I felt like it was emphasized really well in this game.