Register Now
Ravenfreak

Trap, A New M. Night Shyamalan Film

The trailer for a new upcoming movie from the brilliant M. Night Shaymalan dropped earlier today. I watched it with my wife earlier and man I can't wait for it! There's a few of his movies I didn't care for, but the majority of them are awesome. Here's the trailer if you haven't watched it yet, below are my thoughts on it as well.

I was not expecting the father to be the butcher mentioned by the shirt salesman. Makes me wonder what other twists are going to be in the film. Will his daughter make it out alive? Will he get caught? I just can't wait to see this!

Edited by Ravenfreak

Weird, it was just a few days ago I was talking about N. Night Shyamalan about M. Night Shamalan. More specifically, how he is one of if the worst director ever.

image_2024-04-19_190019538.thumb.png.27d29c68fad465e71e6207aad3f1029a.png

Still, I'm not going to miss a chance to dump on that cinematic cancer, so let's watch the trailer and bring out the Shyamalan checklist:

• Actors staring blankly into the camera? Check
  • Hokey acting? Check
  • The adult acting like a child? Check
  • The child acting like an adult? Check
  • An open ended, innocuous plot set up that tricks idiots into thinking it's inevitable, hard-to-guess twist is smart when it's actually just plain cheap? Check (Well, almost certainly. The father will NOT be "The Butcher", I'm calling it now.)
  • Pointless tracking shots? Check
  • The crazy, superstitious weirdo that for some reason is the one that's actually right? Probably, yes
  • Plastering Shyamalan's name all over like that's a selling point and he was not the man behind Devil, After Earth, The Happening and that god awful The Last Airbender live action movie? Check

Yep, this is a Shyamalan movie. It will be shit.