Register Now
killamch89

CES 2019

CES or Consumers Electronics Show is held every January where companies like Asus, AMD, Nvidia and others announce brand new products. I am an avid watcher of CES and I look forward to it every January because that is usually when companies like Samsung announce new cell phones and Razer announce their new gaming computers and accessories. Do you watch CES? What companies and products from said companies particularly interest you?

3 minutes ago, DC said:

I'll be attending tomorrow through Friday. I'm super excited. Will be checking out the esports and gaming booths/presentations and let you all know about my experience!

Sounds Good! So far the Asus Rog Mothership and the new Razer gaming laptop has really impressed me but what I am really looking forward to is AMD's segment.

11 minutes ago, DC said:

I'll be attending tomorrow through Friday. I'm super excited. Will be checking out the esports and gaming booths/presentations and let you all know about my experience!

When am I going to be invited? πŸ˜›

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Sounds Good! So far the Asus Rog Mothership and the new Razer gaming laptop has really impressed me but what I am really looking forward to is AMD's segment.

You sure about trusting anything with the Razer brand, bud? From what I've heard nothing good has come from them in eons.

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

When am I going to be invited? πŸ˜›

You sure about trusting anything with the Razer brand, bud? From what I've heard nothing good has come from them in eons.

Their laptop is pretty powerful and I am looking for a new gaming laptop because my current gaming laptop has trouble rendering some videos that I do and it seems to take forever.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Their laptop is pretty powerful and I am looking for a new gaming laptop because my current gaming laptop has trouble rendering some videos that I do and it seems to take forever.

Go with MSI's or something. i don't know. I really don't think you should trust Razer with anything until they at least know how to properly do anything.

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Go with MSI's or something. i don't know. I really don't think you should trust Razer with anything until they at least know how to properly do anything.

It's not like I have definitely decided on it, I just said their laptop looks impressive...

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

It's not like I have definitely decided on it, I just said their laptop looks impressive...

Yeah, I guess I'll give that to you.. But still, I really don't trust Razer because of how many complaints I have seen with them.

Just now, UleTheVee said:

Yeah, I guess I'll give that to you.. But still, I really don't trust Razer because of how many complaints I have seen with them.

It's fine but what I am really looking out for is AMD's presentation - the Navi GPUs and the new zen processors are going to create waves when they are announced.

3 minutes ago, DC said:

CES was a blast. Very impressed with the 8k technology from Sony and Samsung. Great show - big highlights included 5G, autonomous cars, AR/VR gaming, andΒ  robotics.

The LG rollable TV really caught my attention as well and yeah, I heard about the Samsung Galaxy 10 with 5000MAH Battery and 5G.

3 hours ago, DC said:

CES was a blast. Very impressed with the 8k technology from Sony and Samsung. Great show - big highlights included 5G, autonomous cars, AR/VR gaming, andΒ  robotics.

We're already at the horizon of 8K technology and yet gaming companies can't optimize 1080p games for PC 😏

19 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

We're already at the horizon of 8K technology and yet gaming companies can't optimize 1080p games for PC 😏

We need them to hurry up and make 4k the entry standard so the prices of 4k technology can drop drastically.

Just now, killamch89 said:

We need them to hurry up and make 4k the entry standard so the prices of 4k technology can drop drastically.

What we need is to stop hurrying progress and work with the stuff we already have. 4K isn't even a standard yet and they are already putting 8K.

5 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

What we need is to stop hurrying progress and work with the stuff we already have. 4K isn't even a standard yet and they are already putting 8K.

The fact that manufacturers keep putting out these products in the first place is why we are at this crossroads in PC gaming. I agree that we have not even been able to able to fully utilize Quad HD yet either and yet they keep pushing for 8K when that kind of technology has no applicable use to the average consumer because they don't really have a demand or market for it. The film industry has just caught on to 4k and it is still not widely adopted so I am not sure why the need for 8k.