Register Now
fantanoice

Mystery Port on the PS Vita

So I pulled my Vita out of storage the other day and noticed a port on the top of it. I didn't know what it was for, so I did some Googling.

Turns out it was an "Accessories" port what is not found on the later PS Vita 2000 models. It seems as though it was originally meant to be a TV-out port, which meant the console could have been a PS Vita TV all on its own.

What are your thoughts on this? I think a TV-out feature would have been a valuable feature for streamers and normal users. They could have even won over people who wanted portable and home gaming, like what Nintendo has done with the Switch. Unfortunately that they dropped the idea in favour of the expensive PS Vita TV that nobody bought for obvious reasons and imo missed out on a large market share that Nintendo now have.

Aye, that would've been a super handy feature for the poor ol' Vita. It would've put it more in-line with a Switch. Still, I spend a surprising amount of time on it playing indies sometimes. But I'm definitely gravitating towards the Switch more these days.