Register Now
Alexander.

Your Top 10 games of the last decade

What would be your Top 10 favoured video games of the last 10 years? Give a reason for your decision too. 

Choosing only ten, one per year as your favourite. The last decade has been amazing with lots of different, interesting and exciting games that have been released and we have seen drastically gaming technologies advancing before our eyes.

Debate this discussion below please. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
A game that took everything I loved about Wolfenstein: The New Order and cranked it up to 11. Amazing story that continues where the previous game left off. Just an incredibly engaging and thrilling game that mixes stealth and action perfectly.

9: DOOM (2016)
After Doom 3, I was eagerly anticipating another entry in the franchise though it would take quite a while until we got a fourth installment. With 2016's remake/sequel DOOM, I feel we got a pretty proper DOOM game for our generation that keeps the oldschool gameplay but modernizes it in all the right ways. It plays more like Serious Sam than original Doom but has an amazing soundtrack, gorgeous visuals and perfect controls.

8: Tomb Raider (2013)
2013's remake of Tomb Raider is probably one of the best action/adventure games to come out this decade. It perfectly captures the essence of Tomb Raider but still gives Lara a more proper reboot point and shows us a side of her that is less hardened. Being the first of a trilogy that ended with last year's Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, we've now witnessed Lara's growth into the badass she's meant to be.

7: Duke Nukem Forever (2011)
A lot of people didn't really like this one when it came out but in my opinion it is arguably the best game in the franchise. It captures the essence of Duke Nukem's world and character and also has more gameplay variety than its predecessor. It's not a very good but as a Duke Nukem game it's pretty much a goddamn homerun. It's bad taste humor, it's pop culture references and most of all, Duke is the king of the world. From beginning to end I just consider it a really fun experience if you can allow yourself to not take it too seriously or go all SJW on it.

6: Saints Row IV
It's Saints Row The Third with super powers, more dubstep and DLC that allows you to play with the gang from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing. It's all around a good time in my opinion.

5: Far Cry 5
Far Cry 5 might be my favourite in the franchise. It's the first one to be a perfect co-op game for one, and has the most gorgeous environment of all the games in my opinion (easily rivaled by Far Cry 4 though). I also love the characters and the world and just love getting lost in it.

4: Fallout 4
It's not a good Fallout game. But as a standalone experience it's still ace. Have spent way more hours than I like to admit on this game.

3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Just all around one of the best game experiences I had this decade. Open ended gameplay, engaging story and an amazing soundtrack. And despite lackluster boss fights, it's one of my favourite games.

2: Bulletstorm
Cursing protagonists, a dystopian sci-fi setting and some of the most fun and inventive ways to kill people I've ever seen. If you haven't played it I highly recommend picking up the Full Clip edition on Steam now.

1: Borderlands 2
It took everything I loved about Borderlands 1: The Diablo-esque gameplay, the bazillion guns, and gave it a much better story, better visuals and all around is a perfect co-op shooter in my opinion. It's even more fun with community patches.