Register Now
Alexander.

Gaming collection

I have around 10 tubs holding my games. I end up going through them almost every day, sometimes twice a day, just to make sure the right games are in the right tub, and the genres are together, the miscellaneous games are separate, they're separated by system, series are together, and a million other things. If there's ONE game out of place, I'll take an hour to find the perfect spot for it if I have to. If the tub is full and there's one game left over that needs to be in it, I'll spend the rest of the day deciding which game (if any) could be moved to another tub so I can put that last one in. If there's a one time event in a game, for example drawing Alexander from Edea at the end of disc 2 in FF8. and I forget it, I will reset the game, start from the last save point, no matter how far back it was, and go again. Or I will start a whole new game. It's perfection or nothing. I may be a severely anal perfectionist, or I may have a case of OCD where everything has to be completed and done just right. if I have a stack of DVD's (Family Guy for example) they have to be aligned just perfect and by season. out of order and not stacked perfectly will keep me up all night.

I've gotten rid of all my 'collections' pretty much.

I read digital comics, buy digital games, iTunes movies & music, etc.  The less physical stuff you own, the better IMO.

Obviously I'll buy stuff for my kid, but for me I want to own as little clutter as possible.