Register Now
UleTheVee

It also Turns Out that you DO OWN DIGITAL GAMES

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

So those of us who prefer consoles are peasants?

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

It's a meme...

Alyxx is kinda right.

In the PC gaming world. We refer to the people who give dumb excuses as to why "PC Gaming sucks compared to Console Gaming" as Console Peasants. Console gamers are fine in our books so long as they don't berate us for preffering PC over consoles.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Ah. I never knew there was any kind of a meme. I get it now though.

So does "PC peasant" exist as well then?

No, but I like the term PC nazi.

On topic, I am definitely not against companies ceasing support for games, AS LONG AS they allow us to continue playing the games we paid for.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Don't mention the word "Nazi". Ule is gonna go ballistic on you.

Hey bro..

I don't mind the word nazi.

Bu7t see, there's a difference between someone saying the word nazi and someone implying or downright CALLING ME a Nazi.

1 minute ago, UleTheVee said:

A lot of console peasants and Physical purists often said that you didn't own anything in your steam library. That you were supposedly "Renting it"

Which is flat out wrong. You pay for the game, you download it, install it, and it's stored on your hard drive...

25 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Which is flat out wrong. You pay for the game, you download it, install it, and it's stored on your hard drive...

I think the reason why people were so upset is the whole "You own a partial license and you can't resell the game you own" or something of the sort.

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I think the reason why people were so upset is the whole "You own a partial license and you can't resell the game you own" or something of the sort.

Being able to resell a game is not a measure of owning it though. That's just a measure of owning it physically.

1 minute ago, Alyxx said:

Being able to resell a game is not a measure of owning it though. That's just a measure of owning it physically.

I'm aware. But people have been saying that you don't own games for quite a while until recently.