Register Now
StaceyPowers

Persuasion wheel/mini-game in ES Oblivion – Help?

So … I am totally flummoxed by the persuasion wheel mini-game in Elder Scrolls Oblivion. I’ve tried to find explanations online, and I kind of get the gist … but for the life of me, I can’t reliably get this thing to work.
Can anyone provide a step-by-step explanation of what to do to get through it? I think maybe I just am not fast enough.

Alternately, what are some ways I can work around having to do it at all?

The entire mechanic irritates me, as I don’t see what it has to do with actual personal/persuading skills. It seems to me it is simply a puzzle where one must think ahead and move quickly.

I don’t know what they were thinking when they put this in, but I assume they just hadn’t thought of a more logical way to make people like or dislike the player based on their actions. Perhaps at the time it came out, it was some kind of step forward.

Anyway … help, lol. Nobody in this game will talk to me about anything.

It’s a baffling system that - for the life of me - I find it hard to fully explain. It’s a bit of a broken/borked mechanic tbh. I didn’t use it that much and thankfully - as far as I can remember - there are no quests that solely rely on that mechanic so i’d say: don’t sweat it and perhaps avoid using it, lol.

2 hours ago, DylanC said:

It’s a baffling system that - for the life of me - I find it hard to fully explain. It’s a bit of a broken/borked mechanic tbh. I didn’t use it that much and thankfully - as far as I can remember - there are no quests that solely rely on that mechanic so i’d say: don’t sweat it and perhaps avoid using it, lol.

Okay, good to know, lol. It's one of the worst features I've ever encountered. I figure I'll just work on getting some kind of charm spell instead.