Register Now
killamch89

Epic Moments in Anime

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Dragon Age: Absolutions trailer looks amazing - I can't wait!

I've seen this now, it is really good, a nice blend of action, comedy and drama. As one can see in the trailer, the animation is superb. It reminds me of Avatar, The Legend of Korra and The Dragon Prince, a colourful and rich blend of both eastern and western styles. The social commentary is interesting as is the story, you can definitely feel the love of the source material. The characters are done pretty well. They do ride close to clichéd at times, but that's more to make them more quickly relatable and each character still feels unique and like they belong in this world, they develop well as the story goes on. Some great voice talent, too.

The only real issue I have is that it is far too short, so short that this just as easily could have been a movie. Whilst the story does honour and respect the source material, it does little to nothing to explore and expand the Dragonage world and lore either. This is genuinely annoying, first because of the aforementioned sequel bait and also because it really feels like there was so much further to go in this story, it feels like it ends halfway. It's almost tempting to say wait until season 2 comes out, but knowing Netflix that might not happen.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:53 AM, Shagger said:

I've seen this now, it is really good, a nice blend of action, comedy and drama. As one can see in the trailer, the animation is superb. It reminds me of Avatar, The Legend of Korra and The Dragon Prince, a colourful and rich blend of both eastern and western styles. The social commentary is interesting as is the story, you can definitely feel the love of the source material. The characters are done pretty well. They do ride close to clichéd at times, but that's more to make them more quickly relatable and each character still feels unique and like they belong in this world, they develop well as the story goes on. Some great voice talent, too.

The only real issue I have is that it is far too short, so short that this just as easily could have been a movie. Whilst the story does honour and respect the source material, it does little to nothing to explore and expand the Dragonage world and lore either. This is genuinely annoying, first because of the aforementioned sequel bait and also because it really feels like there was so much further to go in this story, it feels like it ends halfway. It's almost tempting to say wait until season 2 comes out, but knowing Netflix that might not happen.

I wondered if I was seeing correctly - just 6 episodes for the season?! And the episode are just 26 minutes long while the ones from DOTA: Dragon's Blood are like 29 - 32 min long and it was 8 episodes per season.

The moment when Frieza and Goku eliminate Jiren from the tournament of power was amazing. Despite their past and the issues they have with each other, they put that aside and worked together to win the tournament for their universe.