Register Now
kingpotato

Meridia's Beacon Quest Skyrim

For those Skyrim fans, here is something that I dont understand regarding the Meridia's Beacon Quest. I see a lot memes about it and people on facebook pages hating the quest. But I dont get it, I've played this quest a couple of times and its just like any other quest on Skyrim and you get a new cool sword so I dont understand the memes or the hate.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, kingpotato said:

For those Skyrim fans, here is something that I dont understand regarding the Meridia's Beacon Quest. I see a lot memes about it and people on facebook pages hating the quest. But I dont get it, I've played this quest a couple of times and its just like any other quest on Skyrim and you get a new cool sword so I dont understand the memes or the hate.

I had to look this up, as I didn’t realize it was a meme. It seems that the major complaint is the volume level of Meridia’s voice. I suppose I can see how that could catch a person off guard, especially with headphones on.

But really … they are making quite a big fuss about it IMO. I actually prioritize this quest, and am happy when it shows up as early as possible, because I want that sword. It is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It’s effective and it’s a (literal) blast to use. The dungeon is pretty “average” to me in terms of play, but I do like visiting the place because I like the statue of Meridia and the view on the roof.

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I had to look this up, as I didn’t realize it was a meme. It seems that the major complaint is the volume level of Meridia’s voice. I suppose I can see how that could catch a person off guard, especially with headphones on.

But really … they are making quite a big fuss about it IMO. I actually prioritize this quest, and am happy when it shows up as early as possible, because I want that sword. It is one of my favorite weapons in the game. It’s effective and it’s a (literal) blast to use. The dungeon is pretty “average” to me in terms of play, but I do like visiting the place because I like the statue of Meridia and the view on the roof.

Yeah I saw that too but honestly I dont remember Meridia's voice being so loud , but yeah I see this meme everywhere in Skyrim fan pages on facebook

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah I saw that too but honestly I dont remember Meridia's voice being so loud , but yeah I see this meme everywhere in Skyrim fan pages on facebook

I do kinda recall cringing at the volume of her voice after thinking about it, but it's not like it scarred my psyche or anything, lol. There are also quite a few other annoyingly loud voices in Skyrim. I mean, the Night Mother, for example.