Register Now
StaceyPowers

DA Inquisition on PS3 Freezing at Random Moments?

DA Inquisition ran pretty close to flawlessly to this point for me on PS3, but within the past two days, I’ve had it freeze up tight on me to the point of needing to do a hard reboot on the console. The most recent time, it did this during a save, so my save file got corrupted and I lost progress. Thankfully, an autosave kept me from losing days' worth.

Anyone know what causes these freezes or if there is anything I can do to avoid them, especially while saving?

With a PS3, it's most likely either the CPU overheating, the processor feeling over run, or you have too much saved on there already. How big is your hard drive? Is it one of the first series that can also play PS2 games? There were a hell of a lot of bugs with those, and they locked up constantly. That's why Sony rereleased the system minus the PS2 capabilities, even though it still says PS2 internally. I would honestly recommend deleting some games if you haven't touched them for a while. Also are you running off the disc or are you running a download? That can also affect it. The PS3 is a pretty moody system. It's pretty much just an upgraded PS2, but a lot more bitchy.

Edited by The Blackangel

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

With a PS3, it's most likely either the CPU overheating, the processor feeling over run, or you have too much saved on there already. How big is your hard drive? Is it one of the first series that can also play PS2 games? There were a hell of a lot of bugs with those, and they locked up constantly. That's why Sony rereleased the system minus the PS2 capabilities, even though it still says PS2 internally. I would honestly recommend deleting some games if you haven't touched them for a while. Also are you running off the disc or are you running a download? That can also affect it. The PS3 is a pretty moody system. It's pretty much just an upgraded PS2, but a lot more bitchy.

Off the disc. I don't think space is the issue (I have lots of free space, and just deleted a bunch of saves). But maybe it's the disc being dodgy? It can't be overheating. It's freezing in here.

Just because it's cold in the room doesn't mean it's not overheating.

You may have a faulty disc. Just because it's new doesn't mean it works. If you recall I had a similar problem with several copies of the same edition of a FF8 press. I would suggest hitting up a used game shop if you have one nearby and picking up another copy and see if that fixes the problem. If you play it a lot, it could just be something as simple as the disc itself getting worn out. I've had that happen with a lot of games, both cartridge and disc.