Register Now
StaceyPowers

Anything you want to see ES VI learn from Oblivion or Morrowind?

For reference, I haven’t played Morrowind. I’ve played Skyrim through multiple times, and am currently on my first playthrough of Oblivion.

I think Skyrim built a lot on what Oblivion did and made many large improvements. I would expect Elder Scrolls VI to do the same when it eventually comes out.

But are there some things you would like to see ES VI return to in terms of how Oblivion or Morrowind did things rather than how Skyrim did them?

For example, in Oblivion, you could get kicked out of a guild if you do something like steal from them or break their rules. But in Skyrim, there is literally nothing you can do to get kicked out of anything that I am aware of, no matter how illogical that is. I don’t entirely have a problem with that, as I can come up with scenarios where one might get away with memberships in all factions in secret, etc. But I do have a slight preference for Oblivion’s more realistic guild system in that respect.

There is also the matter of object placement when decorating one’s home. I DO vastly prefer being able to move an object around in the air and precisely deposit as in Skyrim, but the objects always tilt upside-down, which is quite annoying. In Oblivion, at least objects seem to have a tendency to land butter-side-up, even though as in Fallout, it can be hard to guess where to stand when one hits the drop button to make sure they land in the right spot. I’d love to see a “best of both worlds” between these placement systems in ES VI.

What do you want to see brought back from Oblivion and Morrowind in ES VI?

I think they can learn allot from what the modding community has done.  They have been fixing issues, making quality of life improvements and adding substantially to the these games for years.  Like in Skyrim with the unofficial patch, Sky UI and Legacy of the Dragonborn in which add cool custom displays for all your loot.

16 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

For example, in Oblivion, you could get kicked out of a guild if you do something like steal from them or break their rules. But in Skyrim, there is literally nothing you can do to get kicked out of anything that I am aware of, no matter how illogical that is.

That's not exactly true, I believe in the Dark Brotherhood and College of Winterhold you can be kicked and have to pay a fine or complete a short quest to be let back in an continue.

One think I would to to see is more non-liner paths and endings through guild quests.  There to some degree in Skyrim but If, for example, in Skyrim if you had the option to join up with Mjol The Loiness and work together to take down the Thieves guild as an alternative to joining them I think that would be really cool.

13 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

That's not exactly true, I believe in the Dark Brotherhood and College of Winterhold you can be kicked and have to pay a fine or complete a short quest to be let back in an continue.

I had no idea! I love how I am still discovering new things about Skyrim.

13 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

you had the option to join up with Mjol The Loiness and work together to take down the Thieves guild as an alternative to joining them I think that would be really cool.

Lol, I literally said this in another thread. She's my favourite character in Skyrim--she was given so much more background and personality than most, and a war with the thieves guild would've been cool.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

Lol, I literally said this in another thread. She's my favourite character in Skyrim--she was given so much more background and personality than most, and a war with the thieves guild would've been cool.

You did... maybe that's where I subconsciously got the idea!