Register Now
Kane99

Is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 worth it?

So Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 came out a few days back and I've been hearing a lot of good things about it. I hear it's a very respectful remaster of the original 2, with some changes made to both games to modernize it. I guess some portions of 2 and other games show up in both games, which makes the games a big different from the original versions. 

Anyway, do you guys like the game so far? I'm thinking about picking it up soon, but idk if I want to spend $40 on it. 

Like you said reviews from both critics and users have been almost exclusively positive.  So if the game is as good as many people are saying it is I certainly wouldn't grudge revisiting two nostalgic games for £39.99.  I'm not sure if I will since there are some other games I'm considering right now but It definitely seems to be a better attempt than Robomondo's pathetic effort in 2005 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.

I've not played either myself yet but here is Dreamcast Guy's review of both games:

Yeah I think I'm going to pick it up in a few days here. Been craving it ever since they announced it, so I need to play it. Last time I played a good TH game was probably when Underground 2 came out. I don't think I touched Proving Grounds or any other TH games. 

And yeah, the THPS5 was a train wreck. I was going to originally get the original remastered THPS1, but never jumped. Good thing I waited on this. 😄