Register Now
CyrusPhillip

Batman Arkham game not running on XG270QC

18 minutes ago, CyrusPhillip said:

I have not customized it yet, I am using my gaming monitor with its default settings which are QHD RGB colors, VA LED screen(27"), resolution 2560 x 1440 and AMD freesync premium pro. These are default. 

As @Crazycrab and myself both said, we need to know about your PC specs before we're able to offer much advice. Can you please tell us what kind of GPU, CPU and how much RAM you are using? How exactly is the monitor connected to the computer (Your HDMI would have to connect to your GPU and not the motherboard. A USB connection may also be needed for the Freesync feature to work)?. Thanks for sharing your monitor spec's, but it's unlikely that's whare the issue is.

2 hours ago, CyrusPhillip said:

I have not customized it yet, I am using my gaming monitor with its default settings which are QHD RGB colors, VA LED screen(27"), resolution 2560 x 1440 and AMD freesync premium pro. These are default. 

I want to help but we're not getting the right information.  Judging by Your OP this seems to an issue with Batman Arkham (you haven't mentioned which one) not displaying. If this were an issue with the monitor this problem would likely be happening all the time in which case you should report it to the manufacturer and/retailer to get the unit repaired or replaced (preferably) under warranty.

As I said before I don't believe that is the case.  If this problem is ONLY happening with Batman then thd monitor itself is probably fine.  The issue will be with:

A :  The Software: Some Batman Arkham game have known issues especially when it comes to PC ports.  There was a big controversy about Arkham Knight in particular a couple of years ago.  It's also possible that the game is running but has defaulted to an incompatible resolution.

B :  A Freesync Incompatibility:  If you are using an Nvidia GPU then Freesync won't work.  You would need a G-Sync Monitor if you with to use Adaptive Sync technology.  The game should still becablevto display but it's possible that the game is trying to force Freesync when it is incompatible.

C : The monitor is connected wrong:  Assuming that you are using a compatible AMD GPU then make sure that it is connected to the GPU Display Port output.  Unlike G-Sync I don't believe a USB connection is required for Freesync but consult you manual to make sure.  If you have more than one monitor then go to your display settings and make sure that the Veiwsonic is set to primary and that it set to the correct resolution and frame rate (2560 x 1440 at 165Hz)

Well I've gone broad strokes here but without more information that's the best I can do.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 10/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, Shagger said:

As @Crazycrab and myself both said, we need to know about your PC specs before we're able to offer much advice. Can you please tell us what kind of GPU, CPU and how much RAM you are using? How exactly is the monitor connected to the computer (Your HDMI would have to connect to your GPU and not the motherboard. A USB connection may also be needed for the Freesync feature to work)?. Thanks for sharing your monitor spec's, but it's unlikely that's whare the issue is.

I am using core i5, 8 GB RAM and graphic capacity is 4GB in Acer aspire 7.

57 minutes ago, CyrusPhillip said:

I am using core i5, 8 GB RAM and graphic capacity is 4GB in Acer aspire 7.

I'm guessing it's THIS model:

9100970_R_Z001A?w=1500&h=880&qlt=70&fmt=

Assuming that it is we can start to draw some reasonable conclusions.  The first one being that you have, and I'm sorry it, you've kinda wasted your time buying this monitor.  You should still be able to game using the monitor but you're going to have to make some compromises.

As I suspected earlier Freesync will not work with this laptop. Although it is possible to get Freesync to function on 1000+ series GPU's (I'm assuming this is running a 1650 4Gb), it won't work here because it has no Display Port connection. Try disabling Freesync and boot the game again.

If that doesn't work go to your display settings and set a lower resolution and framerate, like 1080p and 60Hz (which is the native settings for the laptop's own screen).  There's no way this laptop is capable of playing any semi-modern game at that monitor's native resolution and framerate anyway.  Also don't forget to make sure the monitor is set as the primary display while it's connected.

Edited by Crazycrab