Register Now
Kane99

Where are all the extreme sports franchises?

Extreme sports used to be hugely popular genre, but it seems there hasn't been much going in the genre for years now. With Tony Hawk Pro Skater making a comeback with the remastered 1 & 2 set, it got me thinking, why haven't we seen more extreme sports games released? I wouldn't mind more skateboarding games, as well, BMX, snowboarding, inline skating, etc. Back in the day I remember Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, and wish there was more games like this on current consoles. 

What do you guys think? What other extreme sports would you like to see get games again?

On 11/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Extreme sports used to be hugely popular genre, but it seems there hasn't been much going in the genre for years now. With Tony Hawk Pro Skater making a comeback with the remastered 1 & 2 set, it got me thinking, why haven't we seen more extreme sports games released? I wouldn't mind more skateboarding games, as well, BMX, snowboarding, inline skating, etc. Back in the day I remember Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, and wish there was more games like this on current consoles. 

What do you guys think? What other extreme sports would you like to see get games again?

I guess they fell victim to trends. Just like the SSX series and the Xtreme sports series on the original PlayStation. I'd like to see those 2 make a return.

Yeah I suppose it could have been a trend. But even so, I would love to have a BMX game. There was a BMX game on Xbox One, but it was a indie game where the controls weren't that good. 

I just miss those games. We don't see them enough these days. What I think would be cool, is if they released a compilation set with all kinds of extreme sports in one package. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I suppose it could have been a trend. But even so, I would love to have a BMX game. There was a BMX game on Xbox One, but it was a indie game where the controls weren't that good. 

I just miss those games. We don't see them enough these days. What I think would be cool, is if they released a compilation set with all kinds of extreme sports in one package. 

That sounds like a fantastic idea and I'd definitely be interested in that as well. How I used to love playing SSX tricky....sigh....