Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Witcher 3 Play Hearts of Stone DLC before or after finishing main story?

I'm at that point; getting close to the end. I know that it really doesn't matter which order to play it as long as you have level 31, but I was wondering if anyone has a preference to finish main story then Hearts of Stone, or play it before finishing the main story. Problem is, if I continue with the main story and finish it I will be well over level 31 which Hearts of Stone recommended level for playing is 31. Which is best as far as the flow of the story? 

To be honest, I got sidetracked by all the side missions to finish the story. I also haven't started the Hearts of Stone yet so I'm not sure what to tell you. You could follow the typical route which is to finish the main story and do the DLCs. The story probably would make much more sense chronologically...

On 12/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I got sidetracked by all the side missions to finish the story. I also haven't started the Hearts of Stone yet so I'm not sure what to tell you. You could follow the typical route which is to finish the main story and do the DLCs. The story probably would make much more sense chronologically...

Yeah, I'm aiming towards just finishing the story then go on to Hearts of Stone. I'll be at a higher level then, but at the point I'm at, it just doesn't make sense to stop and do a DLC that I could do after. I don't even know what Hearts of Stone is about, just read that it really doesn't matter the order. Was hoping someone here finished the story and DLC, but I think I'll hit the gong first. Or bong