Register Now
Kane99

Skater XL vs. Sessions

Has anyone here played Skater XL or Sessions? They're both Skateboarding games, and try to replicate what the Skate franchise has done.

Both games have been out for a while, but Sessions seems to be the more popular of the two. I hear with Skate XL, the skating mechanics are some of the best around, but there's not much to do in the game. I might check both of them out. 

What game would you suggest out of these two? Or should I just wait for EA to do a new Skate game? Or I could just stick with THPS 1 & 2. 😄

Session controls are clearly more in-depth, more realistic, and allow much better options than Skater XL's. However, I find that Skater XL is more fun as just a casual, turn on my music and turn off my brain game. Session requires too much focus for me to just relax.

Session is a way better simulation with way more options, features, and just more space to skate, but realism isn't what makes a game fun. There's definitely a place for both in my library, but Session frustrates me too much when trying to do something as simple as trying to ollie onto a rail.