Register Now
22_22

Mario and 40 years worth of games.

I think we are all aware of Mario, a fictional gaming character that was created by Japanese game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, but how many of us have played a whole host of games that feature this character? He has been featuring in games for what I believe is now 40 years as he was first introduced in Donkey Kong all the way back in 1981. Maybe someone here is old enough to have owned this  game? Or perhaps you own many other Mario games, old and new... Please do tell us about your Mario collection! Feel free to share photos too if you have them.

I played and still play Donkey Kong and Mario Bros on Atari 2600. I also have them on NES. I’ve played a lot of Mario games, but with all the spinoffs, it’s probably more accurate to say that I’ve missed the vast majority of them. I’m not into all the wild crazy shit that they keep coming up with. Mario Odyssey is even a bit much in my opinion. It’s fun, but a bit much. Then again, I’m a classic gamer, so it’s not surprising. A lot of corporations have a mascot, but I would be more than willing to bet that Mario is the most iconic mascot in today’s market, regardless of what that market is.