Register Now
Withywarlock

Total War: Warhammer III Announced

Everybody's favourite retroactive DLC-ifier is back with Total War: Warhammer III. There'll be six factions, four of which are the Ruinous Powers' respective armies (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh), and two Eastern factions, Kislev and Cathay. Given Cathay isn't represented as an army in the Warhammer Fantasy tabletop game (only in lore), and Kislev was represented as essentially another Empire subfaction previously, Creative Assembly will have some artistic license in one of the few original twists they'll be able to add to pre-established settings. As for the Chaos armies, I'm not sure if each of them have enough units to make an interesting Total War roster, so it'll be interesting to see if there's any original units created by CA. Diplomacy will be interesting too. The Gods have worked together before, if begrudgingly such as in Warhammer 30,000 with the Horus Heresy, but perhaps that's going to be the major campaign event - meeting requirements for the Ruinous Powers to collaborate and bring an end to the final entry to this series.... or perhaps stopping them?

According to game director Ian Roxburgh the map is going to be twice as big as TWW2's Eye of the Vortex map, and with Mortal Empires returning this will only be all the more taxing. Put some money aside for a new CPU, chums.

Are you looking forward to this? It's going to be £49.99 at day one, and with it the previous games will likely go on sale to help smoothe over the transition for people new to it.

PS: No Ogre Kingdoms day one, 0/10.

Nice to see it's been confirmed and with the price. However I won't be getting it myself, no job means no income and also means no gaming with this game. But like anything else I never go right into the game at day one 🙂 I always wait till some weeks or so after. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Nice to see it's been confirmed and with the price. However I won't be getting it myself, no job means no income and also means no gaming with this game. But like anything else I never go right into the game at day one 🙂 I always wait till some weeks or so after. 

Sorry to hear about the job and income issues, here's hoping you find yourself back on your feet. I imagine SEGA are going to be quite careful announcing a release date during these trying times, but then a lot of Total War fans are die-hard nutters who have bought worse for more I suppose.