Register Now
Patrik

Did you notice that cheat codes aren't a thing anymore?

On 2/18/2021 at 3:21 AM, killamch89 said:

Cheat codes in games have really been on the decline. As a matter of fact, I can't think of 5 modern games that have cheat codes as of now. To be honest, I hardly use cheat codes myself nowadays - I'd much rather mod some games.

But mods need lot of procedure that's usually complicated and you have to save backup in case some crash occurs etc...

On 2/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, Patrik said:

Back in the days when a combination of gibberish words used to activate a cheat that could help you advance in the game's progress or have fun messing up with things.

They still exist in few modern games but lot fewer than before.

Does anyone miss the cheats code culture or noticed that they disappeared?

Seriously, cheat codes annoys me very much and I never like making use of it or play against anyone who uses them. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Seriously, cheat codes annoys me very much and I never like making use of it or play against anyone who uses them. 

cheat codes aren't the same as multiplayer/online cheats, they are meant to be used in offline mode only and they are made by developers of the game to help them explore the game easier for developing and bugs fixing purpose

3 minutes ago, Patrik said:

cheat codes aren't the same as multiplayer/online cheats, they are meant to be used in offline mode only and they are made by developers of the game to help them explore the game easier for developing and bugs fixing purpose

Both online and offline, I'm not a fan of either one. When a game is way too easy for me to play, it loses the fun for me.