Register Now
Kane99

Hot Wheels Unleashed announced

I hope this is like the Hot Wheels game I remember back on the N64 I think it was. The trailer doesn't show a whole lot, but from the looks of it, it will take place on hot wheels tracks in real life like environments. So that should be fun. I just hope we can do the occasional flip and spin. I just hope it turns out to be good, because I wouldn't mind a good Hot Wheels game again. 

I'm going to keep my eye on this as I'm itching for a new kart racing experience, but the only other Hot Wheels game I've played was World's Best Driver and it.... wasn't great. Releasing in a world where digital adaptations of action figures and toy cars can be monetised for $1.5billion, I can easily see Hot Wheels Unleashed being a quick cash grab. Between this pre-rendered trailer and the Steam store page showing only cars without any other information (despite requiring actual gameplay) leaves little room for optimism at the moment.

Hasbro's ownership of the license hardly allays concerns when they're giving their Dungeons & Dragons property to just about anyone to get Wizards of the Coast's name back into video game circles (so far so good with Baldur's Gate III), but maybe previous Hot Wheels games (barring World's Best Driver) and experienced racing game studio Milestone S.r.l can provide some comfort to this news?

Edited by Withywarlock