Register Now
killamch89

What’s the hardest you’ve ever worked?

About a decade when I used to work with Customs, I had to do a 48-hour shift and it was one of those huge container ships so I hardly got any rest over the weekend. I literally only slept 4 hours throughout the entire thing. What’s the hardest you’ve ever worked?

Probably landscaping. Working out in 95° to 100° days (35°C-38°C) was almost unbearable. And there was no actual break. We were working mostly in the richest part of town, and they were more than entitled. They made impossible demands. One place they wanted a 2 acre yard done in one day. We didn't have the manpower to get that much done. We would have had to have a minimum of 50 men working there and going beyond busting their ass to get it done. That would have been from dawn to past dusk even with that many men. I finally had to quit when I got into a bunch of poison ivy. I was covered with it from elbow to fingertip. It was so bad that I had to go to the hospital. They put me on steroids to get rid of it. I also used my family secret to cure it as well.

But that was the hardest I've ever worked at a paying job.

For a nonpaying job, it would have been at home working with our stock.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, The Blackangel said:

Probably landscaping. Working out in 95° to 100° days (35°C-38°C) was almost unbearable. And there was no actual break. We were working mostly in the richest part of town, and they were more than entitled. They made impossible demands. One place they wanted a 2 acre yard done in one day. We didn't have the manpower to get that much done. We would have had to have a minimum of 50 men working there and going beyond busting their ass to get it done. That would have been from dawn to past dusk even with that many men. I finally had to quit when I got into a bunch of poison ivy. I was covered with it from elbow to fingertip. It was so bad that I had to go to the hospital. They put me on steroids to get rid of it. I also used my family secret to cure it as well.

But that was the hardest I've ever worked at a paying job.

For a nonpaying job, it would have been at home working with our stock.

I do have a bit of knowledge about landscaping but 2 Acres in a day?! What kind of twat would think that's possible? Oh wait, I just answered myself nvm...

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do have a bit of knowledge about landscaping but 2 Acres in a day?! What kind of twat would think that's possible? Oh wait, I just answered myself nvm...

The bastards tried to leave a bad review, but when the owner left a reply to their review, they got torn apart by other customers. One thing I forgot to mention is that a common thing here in Missouri is the humidity. It is often more than 80%, and that's on a less humid day. We were working all day in that. 95° and 80% to 90% humidity is extremely dangerous conditions to be working outside. But the richie bastards didn't care. One day I remember was so bad, that the owner called all of us and told us not to come in. He wasn't going to send us out to work in those conditions. He still paid us for the day, but we all stayed home and stayed inside where we could keep cool. I still took I think 6 cool down showers that day anyway. For those wondering what that means, a cool down shower is just getting in the shower under only cold water to try to cool down when you're too hot. It works, and can save your life.