Register Now
Steerminator

What traits do you most look for in a romantic partner?

What are the traits that you prioritize most highly when considering or looking for the right person to date and potentially spend the rest of your life with?  Those of you who already have a partner can feel free to say what it is that you appreciate the most about your current spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend if you wish.

I think it pretty much goes without saying that the vast majority of us look for someone that we are physically attracted to.  Speaking for myself, I think I have pretty high standards; the traits that I think will be most valuable for me in a partner are as follows:  Must love video games! (and have a varied interest in movies/T.V. series/music).  Someone I consider to be smarter than myself, and with whom I can have a lot of good conversations.  Someone who will challenge my ideas and help me gain new insights, while simultaneously supporting me emotionally and intellectually; can improve my self confidence rather than undermine it.  Can support me during times when I suffer from depression/anxiety/panic.  very patient, relaxed, easy going, and emotionally stable.  Very NOT competitive, if there's an actual word for that.

It seems like a pretty high set of expectations to meet, but I feel that, for me, to settle for anything significantly less would be doomed to fail.  That's how I feel about it right now, anyways.

Edited by Steerminator

Not a whole lot to be honest. I'll list them below as I think of them.

1.) Honesty
2.) Trustworthy
3.) Intelligent
4.) Someone I'm attracted to physically
5.) Someone who doesn't attempt to "change/fix" me
6.) Open Minded
7.) Democrat
8.) Animal Lover
9.) Not prejudice unless they have a DAMN GOOD REASON
10.) Willing to put up with me and all my baggage (I have a lot)

Hopefully they would be a gamer, but it's not a deal breaker for me. But those are the only things I can think of at the moment. Odd how it's a list of 10, but it is what it is.

My list is as follows:

1. Loyalty
  2. Honesty
  3. Not meant to animals or people especially those in a worse off situation or has some kind of disability
  4. wise which includes financial wisdom
  5. ambitious
  6. Has a bit of class ( won't start twerking everywhere)
  7. mentally strong
  8. Doesn't have to be supermodel but easy on the eyes at least.

Otherwise, I'm good. If she's not a gamer, it's okay as long as she can understands that gaming is a life-long hobby for me and will let me play my games without nagging me.