Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather find a rat in your kitchen or a roach in your bed?

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This should be more than obvious for me.

As I was writing this one, I remembered watching some tv series with house that had roach infestations and in one of the houses. the guy opens the fridge covered with roaches and I kid you not, one of the roaches was doing a backstroke in a container of water. The whole time I'm like "how do you go inside a place like this without a flamethrower?" I'd have just throw gas over everything and burn down the house.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

As I was writing this one, I remembered watching some tv series with house that had roach infestations and in one of the houses. the guy opens the fridge covered with roaches and I kid you not, one of the roaches was doing a backstroke in a container of water. The whole time I'm like "how do you go inside a place like this without a flamethrower?" I'd have just throw gas over everything and burn down the house.

Damn! A backstroke? Ewww. I used to live in a place we called the roach house. Every time you turned on the lights, they would scatter. Large black ones. I couldn't eat anything black for a long time. No olives, jelly, raisins, blueberries, chocolate chips, nothing! Turns out that place was next to a sewer. I only lived there a few months. But the phobia lasted at least a decade. 

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Damn! A backstroke? Ewww. I used to live in a place we called the roach house. Every time you turned on the lights, they would scatter. Large black ones. I couldn't eat anything black for a long time. No olives, jelly, raisins, blueberries, chocolate chips, nothing! Turns out that place was next to a sewer. I only lived there a few months. But the phobia lasted at least a decade. 

If I even see a roach in my house, I'll literally turn the whole house upside just to find and kill it because I don't want them breeding in my house. My old home as a kid had its fair share of roaches and rats but it was never to the point of the whole house covered in roaches. I'd light everything on fire the minute I see one too many...

I think it was in Australia, but I saw a story when I was a kid about a house that was completely taken over by rats. There were thousands there. The people who owned it allowed a camera crew to film in it (they owned but didn’t live in it) and the rats were piling all over each other. They were several rats high in each room. While that would be hell to most, it would be heaven to me.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

I think it was in Australia, but I saw a story when I was a kid about a house that was completely taken over by rats. There were thousands there. The people who owned it allowed a camera crew to film in it (they owned but didn’t live in it) and the rats were piling all over each other. They were several rats high in each room. While that would be hell to most, it would be heaven to me.

The whole house must have been a giant nest

Just now, The Blackangel said:

More or less, it was. And considering that in such a huge colony there could be no actual patriarch or matriarch, the constant breeding was out of control.

In cases like this it's always good to move out because you're no longer the owner of the house - you're the tenant now.

Just now, Reality vs Adventure said:

Somebody must have been feeding them, cause that is not eco-balanced. 

Rats are frequently cannibalistic. Even domesticated rats. It’s in their nature. When mine have died I have often not known until I discovered half of the body, the other half having been eaten by the cage mates. The first rats I had when I was a kid, I bred once. I didn’t do it again because the female ate almost all of her pups. I’ve seen rodent cannibalism an uncountable number of times, but almost exclusively with rats. But 98% of my experience with rodents is with rats so that plays a major factor in the number.

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Rats are frequently cannibalistic. Even domesticated rats. It’s in their nature. When mine have died I have often not known until I discovered half of the body, the other half having been eaten by the cage mates. The first rats I had when I was a kid, I bred once. I didn’t do it again because the female ate almost all of her pups. I’ve seen rodent cannibalism an uncountable number of times, but almost exclusively with rats. But 98% of my experience with rodents is with rats so that plays a major factor in the number.

I've seen dogs eat their own pups before as well - I still haven't gotten an answer but I suspect it's when they realize that their pups won't be properly looked after that they decide to go that route. This was my friend's dog though - mine always had 11 pups at a time lol.

Dogs have a maternal instinct while they’re nursing, but once the bitch weans her pups, she’s indifferent to them. It’s like that all over the animal kingdom. And the human race is no exception. If you think I’m bullshitting, then I only have 2 words for you: Nannie Doss. Or more recently: Susan Smith.

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Dogs have a maternal instinct while they’re nursing, but once the bitch weans her pups, she’s indifferent to them. It’s like that all over the animal kingdom. And the human race is no exception. If you think I’m bullshitting, then I only have 2 words for you: Nannie Doss. Or more recently: Susan Smith.

Yep - I know some mothers are extremely indifferent to their offspring - they treat them as a burden more than a heir to carry on their legacy. What bothers me is when that child beats the odds and then the same parent acts like the kid owns them something.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yep - I know some mothers are extremely indifferent to their offspring - they treat them as a burden more than an heir to carry on their legacy. What bothers me is when.... then the same parent acts like the kid owes them something.

When did you meet my egg donor?

Edited by The Blackangel