Register Now
killamch89

Pest Control Methods

Even though I don't have a pest problem, I do tend to adopt a more natural method of pest control - I have a spider and a lizard roaming around in my apartment. The funny thing about these two is that they don't usually come out of hiding unless they know it's me so nobody would know they're even around. With these two around, they tend to grab the odd invader that somehow gets in. What's your pest control methods? How effective are they?

Here there are many bugs that are beneficial to have in the house. We have small spiders that are not toxic to humans, and small 2" centipedes that also roam around killing pest insects. We neither kill nor try to get rid of them. We rarely see them, and we have no issue with bugs except houseflies in the summer and occasionally fruit flies.If it was to become a problem, we would get all of the pets our of the house for a couple days, and bomb the house. Once that was all clear, the house was no longer toxic, and the fumes were completely gone, then we would let the pets come home.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Here there are many bugs that are beneficial to have in the house. We have small spiders that are not toxic to humans, and small 2" centipedes that also roam around killing pest insects. We neither kill nor try to get rid of them. We rarely see them, and we have no issue with bugs except houseflies in the summer and occasionally fruit flies.If it was to become a problem, we would get all of the pets our of the house for a couple days, and bomb the house. Once that was all clear, the house was no longer toxic, and the fumes were completely gone, then we would let the pets come home.

Spiders - yes, Centipedes - those buggers have a pretty nasty bite and it hurts like hell. The small lizard does such an excellent job of roaming around and snatching up anything the spider can't catch under normal circumstances.

These aren't centipedes like most everyone envisions. They're tiny, and, like the spiders we have roaming around, aren't a threat to humans. They aren't powerful enough to harm us, and are scared of us enough that they run like hell when they see us.

I know in most places, centipedes are a major threat and super toxic. The ones we have here must be the underachievers. But all joking aside, you can actually go to any home improvement store and buy the little buggers (no pun intended) to turn loose in your house as pest control.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:16 AM, The Blackangel said:

These aren't centipedes like most everyone envisions. They're tiny, and, like the spiders we have roaming around, aren't a threat to humans. They aren't powerful enough to harm us, and are scared of us enough that they run like hell when they see us.

I know in most places, centipedes are a major threat and super toxic. The ones we have here must be the underachievers. But all joking aside, you can actually go to any home improvement store and buy the little buggers (no pun intended) to turn loose in your house as pest control.

We don't have toxic ones (thank you nature) here but it's just that those buggers bite hurts like hell and they love to crawl all over my furniture for some reason. The spider and lizard make sure to avoid anywhere I use frequently.