Register Now
killamch89

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Just about any island in the Caribbean. I would stay away from Grand Cayman just because of how damn hot it gets there.

Jamaica and St. Martin were a couple of my favorites. Especially Jamaica.

I used to vacation in Grand Cayman when my grandad had a house there while he was alive. My country is always a nice getaway and it's fun non-stop - the only Caribbean island I haven't been to is St. Maarten but I'll book a vacation there in the future.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, The Blackangel said:

The only island I haven't been to is Cuba. I've been to every other island in the Caribbean.

If you go to Cuba, it has a more of a classic feel to it. They have lots of old cars, most of the buildings look like they belong in the 1960s - 70s and it's a very laid-back kind of atmosphere. The people are very polite although you do have the occasional person who harasses tourist but these kinds are in every country. I'm trying to decide between going to Panama, Cuba or Dubai for my birthday next year. I love Cuba but I've been there a lot, Panama I heard is nice and I can stay in their country for as long as I want. I've only been to Dubai once and it was amazing but it was EXPENSIVE as hell and I never got to explore it as much as I wanted.

We were going to take a cruise next year (fall 2022) that departed from Seattle, went down through the Panama Canal, and back up to either Miami, New Orleans, or Houston. But with the Delta variant running everyone over, we decided to postpone the cruise until shit is done and over with. We don't want to be in such a tight space if someone comes down with it or another variant. There's no hope from there, everyone is going to get it, and we'll be quarantined on the fucking boat for who the hell knows how damn long. We're still going to take the same cruise, but not for several years. We're waiting on the "All Clear" from Covid.

I love the canyon country out west USA. Las Vegas is a great central location to go anywhere. That is my hometown and last time I was there it was cool to see my old neighborhood and all. Flights are usually cheap, get a car rental and you are set. I don't worry about hotels because I stay at campgrounds. From there you can go to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, all kinds of national parks in southern Utah, Death Valley in California, and all kinds of scenic drives around Vegas, and abandoned mining towns dotted throughout. I'm ready to go back. I want to really soak it all up in the Grand Canyon and southern Utah. You can lose yourself in those places in a good way. I would get some shrooms and share it with some Native Americans and we will sit around campfires and dance to some drums. (cliche I know) But I would anyways. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

We were going to take a cruise next year (fall 2022) that departed from Seattle, went down through the Panama Canal, and back up to either Miami, New Orleans, or Houston. But with the Delta variant running everyone over, we decided to postpone the cruise until shit is done and over with. We don't want to be in such a tight space if someone comes down with it or another variant. There's no hope from there, everyone is going to get it, and we'll be quarantined on the fucking boat for who the hell knows how damn long. We're still going to take the same cruise, but not for several years. We're waiting on the "All Clear" from Covid.

Cruises aren't even on my travelling list right now just because of the circumstances you just brought up. On another note, I've decided on Panama for my birthday and I'll go to Dubai next summer (if my finances and covid allow me). I also wanted to go to Japan but I'll probably save that for summer 2023.

33 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I love the canyon country out west USA. Las Vegas is a great central location to go anywhere. That is my hometown and last time I was there it was cool to see my old neighborhood and all. Flights are usually cheap, get a car rental and you are set. I don't worry about hotels because I stay at campgrounds. From there you can go to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, all kinds of national parks in southern Utah, Death Valley in California, and all kinds of scenic drives around Vegas, and abandoned mining towns dotted throughout. I'm ready to go back. I want to really soak it all up in the Grand Canyon and southern Utah. You can lose yourself in those places in a good way. I would get some shrooms and share it with some Native Americans and we will sit around campfires and dance to some drums. (cliche I know) But I would anyways. 

I remembered me and a couple of my family members and in-laws (about 8 of us at the time) took a private jet from LAX to Las Vegas and the cost was like 4k and we split the bill so it was just $500 per person. We had food the entire time and we even got chauffeured to our hotel in Las Vegas. I wish I could afford to do that again lol.