Register Now
killamch89

Would You Rather Be A Clown Who Distracts The Bull Or The Cowboy Who Rides The Bull?

At a rodeo, would You Rather Be A Clown Who Distracts The Bull Or The Cowboy Who Rides The Bull? Personally, I'd much rather ride the bull - it'd be rough but nowhere as rough as being the distraction and not getting away. Falling off the bull doesn't compare to being constant pierced by its horns if you can't outrun it. What are your thoughts on this?

I was a bull rider when I was a teen, and I can promise you that being a bull fighter is much easier than a bull rider.

For starters, What kind of wrap are you going to use on the bull? Split finger? Full hand? Butterfly?
Second, do you know how to lean on the bull when you're on it?
Third, do you know what to do when you get hung up?
Fourth, do you know the right spurs to wear?
Fifth, do you know where to look while you're riding?
Sixth, do you know where to sit on the bull?
Seventh, do you know where to position your legs to hold on to the bull?
Eighth, do you know what you do with the arm that's not tied to the bull?

The job of a bull fighter is to distract the bull so the bull rider can get to his/her feet and be able to get to safety. The majority of the time, the bull just wants out of the arena, and stands there until the gate opens. Often it's other bull riders that are out there to distract it as the bull fighters. They're on their feet the whole time. The bull rider has to stay on the bull and keep a proper ride. That's 2000+ pounds of pure muscle trying to throw you. There are bulls that have never been able to be ridden. There are bulls that are purely lethal, due simply to how they buck. The deadliest bull ever was Bodacious. He knew how to wait until the rider leaned forward before he threw his head up into the face of the bull rider. Millions upon millions of dollars have been spent on plastic surgery across bull riding by the ones who tried to ride him and got busted up.

As for being pierced by the horns, that's not a possibility. The bulls horns are either cut to blunt tips, or completely removed. They couldn't pierce melted butter.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was a bull rider when I was a teen, and I can promise you that being a bull fighter is much easier than a bull rider.

For starters, What kind of wrap are you going to use on the bull? Split finger? Full hand? Butterfly?
Second, do you know how to lean on the bull when you're on it?
Third, do you know what to do when you get hung up?
Fourth, do you know the right spurs to wear?
Fifth, do you know where to look while you're riding?
Sixth, do you know where to sit on the bull?
Seventh, do you know where to position your legs to hold on to the bull?
Eighth, do you know what you do with the arm that's not tied to the bull?

The job of a bull fighter is to distract the bull so the bull rider can get to his/her feet and be able to get to safety. The majority of the time, the bull just wants out of the arena, and stands there until the gate opens. Often it's other bull riders that are out there to distract it as the bull fighters. They're on their feet the whole time. The bull rider has to stay on the bull and keep a proper ride. That's 2000+ pounds of pure muscle trying to throw you. There are bulls that have never been able to be ridden. There are bulls that are purely lethal, due simply to how they buck. The deadliest bull ever was Bodacious. He knew how to wait until the rider leaned forward before he threw his head up into the face of the bull rider. Millions upon millions of dollars have been spent on plastic surgery across bull riding by the ones who tried to ride him and got busted up.

As for being pierced by the horns, that's not a possibility. The bulls horns are either cut to blunt tips, or completely removed. They couldn't pierce melted butter.

Well I hardly knew anything about bull riding so that's why I said rider but I think I'd change my answer...