Register Now
Kane99

What do you hope VR supports next?

VR is an ever growing thing in the gaming world, but it is far from perfect. There is still a lot that VR is capable of doing and then some. We already have devices for VR that simulates touch, as well the Omni controller allows you to use your feet in VR. But, what more can be done? Will we eventually be able to move every part of our body in VR? Motion capture says that is very likely, if not already. 

But what do you see coming next for VR? Maybe a full body VR suit? Or something completely different? 

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

I assume the VR may support the consciousness level entry into the game like say matrix. ha. that would be end of real life for many gamers. lol. 

Part of me thinks that could happen, but I have my doubts. Mainly because it needs to be able to encompass what we as a human race want. I think a VR world like that is a while away, but I can see it happening eventually. 

Motion capture is a major thing to produce games these days. Sure every company does it different, but they all still do it. The actors from RDR2 have joked saying they looked like ninjas with ping pong balls all over their bodies, including the horses. YouTube interviews is how I know that. So with that in mind, I would see that coming in the future to make VR fully immersive, until that little chip that you stick to the side of your head that transports you to a matrix like world comes out.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Kane99 said:

Part of me thinks that could happen, but I have my doubts. Mainly because it needs to be able to encompass what we as a human race want. I think a VR world like that is a while away, but I can see it happening eventually. 

Yeah not in next 6 or so years. But it would take time like 10 or more years. As for the VRs ability to detect movement I'd say that could get rid of the mouse and keyboards too I suppose. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:30 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah not in next 6 or so years. But it would take time like 10 or more years. As for the VRs ability to detect movement I'd say that could get rid of the mouse and keyboards too I suppose. 

I don't think it'd take that long. We already have massive worlds in game, so that part is already possible. It's just the living side that would differ. 

I think I am currently more interested in the possibilities than the side effects. No wonder this would affect population, psychological impact in families and also overall well being of people. But lets face it VR worlds are heaven for introverts.