Register Now
Kane99

Lamo

Has anyone here played this game? I guess it kinda went overlooked, because I never heard of it until recently. I hear it's a game where you can make your own custom character, and now you can actually have them make an actual figure out of your avatar, but not 100% sure if that is correct, as I swear there was another video featuring such an option. Anyway, the game is called Lamo, and I guess it's part of their Lamoverse or something.

This game came out in 2019 and I had no clue about it until now. Here's a trailer for the steam version, but it has been removed from steam for a while now. I think it might only be available on mobile now, but not 100% sure. Or it might be available through their website. But I can't seem to find a way to purchase it. They also released figures from high profile influencers, like Ninja for example, and you can use those figures towards AR style things on their app. Plus you can unlock those characters after buying one of the vinyl toys. 

And here's a vid going into details about the figures:

Here's their site for more details - https://www.lamoverse.com/

Is this something that interests you? I'm not one for the Funko style figures. But if you can get one made based on your avatar, I'd buy one of myself I think. 

Edited by Kane99

I'm not gonna lie, if this was around during my Skylanders and other such Toys-to-Life (TTL) games, I would've picked this up in a heartbeat. It reminds me of the old U.B Funkeys which would have models connected by USB and have you do mini-games and a campaign and such.

I have to agree that having one's own avatar would make me want to pick this up and give it a fair try. Until then, I'll keep an eye on it.

It seems to have died out a bit sadly. I don't see a whole lot about it on social media, youtube or anywhere else. I swear they were doing something where you could get your own avatar printed off in a physical toy like the ones featured in the videos. But I may have misheard. Either way, I think it would have been cool if more people jumped into it. I never played the game, but it looks kinda fun.