Register Now
Kane99

Support mom and pop game stores

We all should be supporting these small mom and pop game stores these days. Gamestop is a corporation I can't get behind. They do their employees wrong quite often. But mom and pop stores are the home grown stores that families start. They are usually the game collectors, fans and so on, who care about the gaming industry. Stores like Gamestop, don't care about the games they sell, they just want to make as much money as possible. Which is why they do a horrible job vetting the retro games that come into their stores. I hear they sell a lot of bootleg junk and don't even know it. They're getting better at stopping it, but I hear it still happens. Which is why I'd rather go to a mom and pop game store, because they at least, imo, know what they're selling, and don't try to cheat you. Well I'm sure some do, but I imagine most are good and price fair. 

He's meaning small places that have one, or at most two locations that focus on game sales.

If there were any around here, I would definitely be going there at least to browse and see what they have. As it sits right now, I have to go to eBay to find the games I want. Nowhere around here sells NES, SNES, and N64 games anymore.