Register Now
Kane99

The Biggest Video Game Controversies of 2021

On 7/15/2022 at 2:38 PM, Heatman said:

There's even an article Here that I read about what's going to happen if Microsoft fires Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. It was stated that he's going to receive $15 million in compensation should that happen. If that's true, would Microsoft be willing to pay him that because a good way forward the way I see it would be to cut ties with him in the company. 

Idk, that's a tough one. I wish they would toss the guy out, but that $15 million may not let them. No one wants to have to pay that much money to kick someone out, but Microsoft could easily make it happen with the amount of money they have. It probably wouldn't be much of a dent for them. But still, it's $15 mill and I bet Microsoft doesn't feel like paying that. Maybe they're going to let him work his contract, and once up they'll let him go. 

46 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Idk, that's a tough one. I wish they would toss the guy out, but that $15 million may not let them. No one wants to have to pay that much money to kick someone out, but Microsoft could easily make it happen with the amount of money they have. It probably wouldn't be much of a dent for them. But still, it's $15 mill and I bet Microsoft doesn't feel like paying that. Maybe they're going to let him work his contract, and once up they'll let him go. 

Definitely the $15 million isn't going to be very difficult pay for Microsoft to take care of without feeling anything. It's the PR that's going to follow it up that might be a challenge. Depending on the duration of his current contract would determine if it's fair for them to keep him on the job or not. If it's not long, there wouldn't be any need to fire him and pay $15 million.