Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Watch Dogs Legion vs GTA 5--no spoilers

Both to me are excellent games and two of the best I've ever played. 2013 was when the last GTA was out, and now I actually think Watch Dogs Legion is what GTA 6 should look closely at to compete with. Because in my personal opinion, I think WDL may have GTA 5 beat. 

I'll try not to be biased because the WDL theme is something I take to heart. So WDL just strikes me to the core. That is also a tough comparison to the theme of GTA 5 which is extreme stereotypes that I really get a kick out of and makes me laugh while gaming. But I do have to say the theme and scenery captivates me more in WDL. 

As far as gameplay, both are incredible. The driving mechanics in GTA 5 surpasses WDL. It seems more real like and there is more damage to vehicles you can see, and hitting humans with the vehicle looks better. The camera driving features in WDL are better because there is an automatic drive feature that takes you to a destination and you can kick back and watch the scenery. It reminds me of Assassin's Creed games where you can set a point and it auto takes you there while you enjoy scenery. Moving the camera around in WDL is better because when you look out to the side of the car, the camera will hold there for a bit. That is something I hate about GTA 5 where it will never let you focus out to the side of the vehicle while driving. The camera makes you look straight ahead all the time. GTA 5 definitely has the more beautiful vehicles and you can actually save them in a garage where in WDL only a few characters have their own vehicle they can always use. Both games you can steal whatever whenever. 

GTA 5 has a pretty good story and you can switch between 3 protagonists. I'm still early on playing WDL to know the extent of the story, but so far it's good. WDL has the permadeath mode you can choose to have on or off and you can pretty much recruit anyone and play them. That's pretty brilliant. And it really increases immersion knowing you better protect them or lose them forever. 

I think that WDL has GTA 5 beat when it comes to features. WDL has a spider bot you can control to infiltrate areas, flying drones you can hack and fly over the city. It's just amazing. And there are drones you can actually stand on. There are other gadgets I haven't come across yet. But to be able to utilize those tools at any given time is awesome. GTA 5 you can fly a plane which is fun, and go boat riding, but you have to always drive to point A to point B to get there. 

Graphics are top notch for both. Music and radio is great for both. There is more of a selection in GTA 5 though, and in that game you can also watch tv. WDL actually has some good fighting mechanics and GTA 5 has the better shooting mechanics. I love the director's cut feature in GTA 5 where you can free roam and do what you want w/o consequences. And the final thing I'll say is that GTA 5 sorely lacks a photo mode and WDL has an amazing one. 

So what are all your thoughts between these two legendary games? 

I haven't played watchdogs legion yet, but from what I saw, I didn't see much of a story, at least compared to gta v. Watch dogs 2 has a good story, I really enjoyed it. But gta v still is better in terms of what it offers. 

But, honestly, I think I prefer watchdogs 2 over gta v. Idk I just really had more fun with the game.