Register Now
kingpotato

Are Videogame based movies making a comeback ?

Over the past few years we had some actual good videogame movies. I mean probably not good enough like some fans wanted but at least not shit bad like back in 90s or early 2000s.
We recently had Movies like Detective Pikachu which in my opinion was actually good, a lot of fanservice, then we had sonic that thank god that they fixed the innitial design and we have a sequel coming up this year, Free guy which I know its not specific to any videogame but it does give reference to GTA, I though it was funny but just barely okay same with the new Uncharted movie, some laughs here and there and cool action sequences but just okay. But also there has been other dissapointments like the latest Mortal Kombat movie which honestly it was worse than the 90s movies, better special effects but at least the original had some charm in it. 

What do you think are Videogame movies slowly making a comeback ?

I have watched a lot of movies based on games, however, I did not realize that these movies were actually based on games, for example Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Mortal Combat, etc. I think Video game movies are making a comeback.