Register Now
DC

Outdated Terms/Slang/Sayings

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Or slangs like "sick" a sick car or a sick house, it just sounds really awkward many people and especially the younger generation sees those slangs as cool.

It must be my age but I am really starting to sound like my parents - well since my late 20s I've started to sound like them...

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It must be my age but I am really starting to sound like my parents - well since my late 20s I've started to sound like them...

Lol

I wouldn't say I ain't a victim of this traits, things that were so Cool to me back when I was a teenager are just sounding really awkward to me now, I just have a good laugh anytime I remember some of the slangs I used back then.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Lol

I wouldn't say I ain't a victim of this traits, things that were so Cool to me back when I was a teenager are just sounding really awkward to me now, I just have a good laugh anytime I remember some of the slangs I used back then.

Even though this one is outdated, I find myself saying "back in my days" like some seasoned World War 2 veteran currently living in a retirement home.🤣

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Even though this one is outdated, I find myself saying "back in my days" like some seasoned World War 2 veteran currently living in a retirement home.🤣

Back In my teens I had this flare for the word "man" and I would always put it at the end my sentences when I am talking to a person or a group of persons, I got so used to it than I even said it to my dad when we talked or was having a conversation, it took me sometime to get rid of it.