Register Now
StaceyPowers

Keeping track of minor character/quest information in RPGs

On 8/10/2022 at 5:39 PM, Kane99 said:

Of course, they did a wonderful job at hiring great voice actors to realize their vision. I rarely want to skip when a character talks and actually looks realistic. Then again the Witcher 3 is a gorgeous game, so it makes sense. 

Anyway, I wanted to add to this topic. In regards to minor characters. Are there any minor characters that you like as much as the main character? I think in GTA games, they really do great with the smaller characters, in that they're actually fun and I would like to see them more. I think GTA IV and V did it good, with some of the minor characters showing up and stealing the show. I think Packy was one from GTA IV, where you help with a heist. He was a fun character and I wanted to see him come back in some way. I don't remember if he appeared in GTA V, but I remember that buff bald dude made an appearance and he was always fun. 

So yeah, in a sense I do kinda keep track of the smaller/minor characters in bigger games. 

The character of Ish who is a crafty fisherman from The Last Of Us would consider a minor character in the game but who happened to play a big part in helping a lot of women and children survive and live to fight another day. 

On the other hand, would you consider the character of Atreus in God of War as a minor one? 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, Heatman said:

The character of Ish who is a crafty fisherman from The Last Of Us would consider a minor character in the game but who happened to play a big part in helping a lot of women and children survive and live to fight another day. 

On the other hand, would you consider the character of Atreus in God of War as a minor one? 

Atreus isn't a minor character imo because he played a major role in the game story and up until the release of God of War Ragnarok he has still remained relevant to the story.