Register Now
The Blackangel

Gold or Silver?

At this current moment the spot on silver is $21.09
The spot on gold is $1,689.75

Would you invest in silver and stock it up, or save up the money to invest in gold?

Personally, I buy silver. It's within my budget, and it's still a precious metal. Yes, it's worth vastly less than gold, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. Get enough of it over time, and you can sell it for a house and a sweet ass car, and still have money left over.

I've sold to the local pawn shop when I needed some quick cash. They pay 90% of spot, which is completely understandable. They have to cover overhead and make a profit at the same time.

If I was a millionaire with money to burn, I would be investing in gold. But for the average populace, it's silver all the way.

I think Silver is the way to go. I have not done much research on it but this is what the writer of the book "Rich Dad! Poor Dad!" said in a podcast when he had visited India.

Posted (edited)

These days, I've pretty much switched from silver to copper. The reason is amount versus cost. A month ago I bought a 10 pound bar of copper for the same price that 2 troy ounces of silver would cost. Before that I had bought a 5 pound bar for just a little over what one troy ounce of silver costed. Since it's still a semi-precious metal and I can build it up faster, I'm sticking with that for now.

Edited by The Blackangel

I would definitely choose to invest in Gold for the obvious reasons. It's expensive yes, but on a long run, it's certainly going to pay me more to the best of my knowledge from studying the price analysis of the commodity.