Register Now
Smokey

Games based on movies?

46 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Did you ever own or play any of those games on the NES and SNES based on movies? Games like Friday the 13th? Texas Chainsaw massacre?  or.....*shudder* ET?

I assume you're talking about this ET...

ET-Game.jpg.aa932d3716000b2ef75bfe54514d1412.jpg

As in a game that was on the Atari 2600, not Nintendo NES nor SNES.

It's just that the topic itself is a little difficult to reply to when you specify that we're meant to talk about games on those two consoles to then bring up a game that wasn't on either of them. You can accuse me of nit-picking if you want, but it's difficult respond to, much less moderate, a thread whare I don't know the rules.

25 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I assume you're talking about this ET...

ET-Game.jpg.aa932d3716000b2ef75bfe54514d1412.jpg

As in a game that was on the Atari 2600, not Nintendo NES nor SNES.

It's just that the topic itself is a little difficult to reply to when you specify that we're meant to talk about games on those two consoles to then bring up a game that wasn't on either of them. You can accuse me of nit-picking if you want, but it's difficult respond to, much less moderate, a thread whare I don't know the rules.

Yes I'm aware it wasn't on the NES or SNES, but the other games I mentioned were, the games based on movies could be just that, it doesn't have to be limited to the games I mentioned or a specific console mentioned, you don't need to take every thread you read literal in terms of it's title or body, that's what's great about open forums, you can add onto the discussion, which is kind of the point. I'm sure there were other games based on movies that I missed. The point of the thread is that they're usually not very good, which is funny considering most movies based on games, aren't very good either. 

Edited by Smokey

46 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Yes I'm aware it wasn't on the NES or SNES, but the other games I mentioned were, the games based on movies could be just that, it doesn't have to be limited to the games I mentioned or a specific console mentioned, you don't need to take every thread you read literal in terms of it's title or body, that's what's great about open forums, you can add onto the discussion, which is kind of the point. I'm sure there were other games based on movies that I missed. The point of the thread is that they're usually not very good, which is funny considering most movies based on games, aren't very good either. 

Sorry, but as the author of the thread, you have to set clear parameters for the discussion. Either this thread was open to talk about movie licensed gamed on specific consoles or it was not, and what you posted didn't make that clear. As a member, not a moderator, I would like to talk about games like Goldeneye on the N64 on a thread like this, but I was genuinely unsure if a game on that console would be relevant. Don't blame me for your lack of clarity, I'm only trying to help.

Edited by Shagger

The one game I remember playing on NES that was based on a movie wasn't a game that I owned personally but it was a game that friends owned and I was able to play on it when I was at their house. It was a fun game and one I did wish I owned myself but never did. Wasn't there also Michael Jackson's Moonwalker available on Nintendo if I remember rightly? This was a game we owned because my brother was a huge fan of Michael Jackson and got the game to play, that was a lot of fun to play as well.