Register Now
Kane99

Madden NFL 23 on PC is the Xbox One/PS4 version

I don't remember if this was ever discussed here before, but I recently found out that the PC version of Madden NFL 23, the newest in the series, is actually the PS4/Xbox One version of the game. That's why people were roasting the graphics recently as the character models kind of looked overly fat for some reason. I didn't think much of it, but I did notice when I played the new game, the players looked blocky, kinda how they did back on the PS2 back in the day lol. 

I guess some fans have voiced their opinions about how the PC version should match the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles at the least. And the fact of it, on steam they're selling the game for $50+ and it's the PS4/Xbox One version of the game. 

Do you think this is false advertising? I think the PC version should actually be the main game. I also have it on Xbox game pass, so I assumed i'd get the better version, but I guess that isn't the case for PC gamers. The video below is from TikTok where I found out about this bit of news. Watch at your own volition as he swears a lot. I'm assuming that the Pc Game pass version is also the PS4/XBox one version. 

Edited by Kane99

All versions of the game, like pretty much all modern games, are built to run on x86 software architechure, so obviously in terms of software the game between the platforms is pretty much the same. Different hardware will obviously run that software with different performance, but it's not some massive conspiracy.

I hosetly think that both yourself and your source are making something out of nothing here

2K has been doing this for the past few NBA releases as well, really quite annoying. Next-gen consoles get an improved engine with more realistic animations and player models, and then they just lazily port the Xbone/PS4 versions to PC. For instance, despite being really easy to run you simply cannot run the most current or past couple NBA 2K games at higher than 60fps without it completely breaking the gameplay. Not shocked at all that while EA is finally improving their product they can't be bothered to build that for PC as well when they can just lazily copy-paste

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

All versions of the game, like pretty much all modern games, are built to run on x86 software architechure, so obviously in terms of software the game between the platforms is pretty much the same. Different hardware will obviously run that software with different performance, but it's not some massive conspiracy.

I hosetly think that both yourself and your source are making something out of nothing here

You are right, they are mostly the same, but the new gen version has a different presentation, character models, and features that aren't in the old gen version, like precision point passing, better physics based tackles, tackle battles, better physics when running (cutting is harder, players more weighty), game day momentum and home field advantage features and more. The PC version is the old gen version, missing those said features. I think most people would assume when buying Madden on PC, they'd get the best up to date version of the game. It's just lazy on EA's part to half ass the PC version of the game, when there are PCs out there that can easily run the new gen version. 

So I get his annoyance, if he's spending $50+ on the newest madden game, and it's on PC, I would expect to get the better version too. I mean come on, PS4 and Xbox One are dated consoles by this point, there's no excuse for EA not to release the best version on PC.