Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Do you think gaming sharpens memory skills?

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

From my analysis, it's mostly games that make you have to use your brain and really think like crossword puzzles and other games along those lines.

Forgive me but I must ask this, do you think sharpening your thinking and sharpening your memory is the same thing? I feel such games sharpens your how you think and not just broadly your memory. I might be wrong in this thought! 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:31 AM, Heatman said:

Forgive me but I must ask this, do you think sharpening your thinking and sharpening your memory is the same thing? I feel such games sharpens your how you think and not just broadly your memory. I might be wrong in this thought! 

They're both interconnected as sharpening your memory tends to help your thought process. They're not the same thing though. It's somewhat muddled because crossword puzzles depend primarily on memory of certain words. Other types of puzzle games tend to refine your thinking process.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They're both interconnected as sharpening your memory tends to help your thought process. They're not the same thing though. It's somewhat muddled because crossword puzzles depend primarily on memory of certain words. Other types of puzzle games tend to refine your thinking process.

I figured as well. In the end, it's all about the kind of video games that someone is playing to begin with that would have it takes to sharpening their memory. There are games which are just baseless with or what the gameplay is about.