Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Far Cry 5 needs a shout out--when cults believe 'come hell or high water'

This game has really drawn me in. The beautiful Montana landscape is a nice bonus while fighting religious anti government cultists. But the theme itself is what really has pulled me in. I've tried to play this game in the past and stopped for some reason. That was a few years ago. I think in today's fucked up cult like world Americans are dealing with really feels like this theme hits home. Well, if you are in a cult, you may also enjoy playing this game to see how you crazies end up lol. I like how they have this chemical everywhere that puts people in a zombie like craze. And every now and then some ghost appears out of the blue. Weird, but cool. I'm not religious so this backdrop of churches and white picket fences in a beautiful serene place just feels all too.....creepy.

Basically, a religious militant cult rebels against law enforcement and takes over the whole state going door to door killing everyone who doesn't conform to their cult. Bible and guns! Come Hell or High Water! Yes...yeehaw! Come get some! Kill a cultist! Bring the sanity back!

I think I had to get that off my chest. Have fun ladies and gents

RvA ! Brother- man! We can talk some FC 5 but it's personally an electron away from politics. All I can say is I live a few hundred miles east of Montana and there is plenty of the Trumpy sentiments here.It took some of the enjoyment I had because it was so on the nose ,I think UK folks would say. Post something in Politix and I'll respond.:classic_biggrin:

On 7/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, Lamarr the strelok said:

RvA ! Brother- man! We can talk some FC 5 but it's personally an electron away from politics. All I can say is I live a few hundred miles east of Montana and there is plenty of the Trumpy sentiments here.It took some of the enjoyment I had because it was so on the nose ,I think UK folks would say. Post something in Politix and I'll respond.:classic_biggrin:

LOLOL...I think Ubisoft predicted the future!!! I feel for you playing this game with similar sentiments where you live. Shoot, the whole country by now has already drawn their line. It was no accident that recently 'trumpy sentiments' was in Waco to celebrate the David Karesh cult which was willing to kill and die like they were zombified in Faith's gardens from the game. But I guess that's as far I can go into it w/o breaking the politics rule. I'm hooked on this game. First time I rode in the mounted gun on the truck while my ally drives just put me in a place....yeah a place where I want a truck with a mounted gun! 😆 I need welding tools for Christmas and a .50. Anyways...Have you played Far Cry New Dawn? It's a nuclear fallout 12 years after Far Cry 5 using the same map. I'm definitely getting that one.