Register Now
The Blackangel

A song that sums up your life

What is that one song that sums up how you've felt your entire life? How you've lived since you can remember? Is the song self explanatory, or does it need context to understand why? I'm curious. But there is a rule to this thread:

You can respond as many times as you want (obviously) but you can only submit ONE song. Remember it has to be that one and only song that sums up how you have lived, felt, and been treated your whole life. Anyway, here's mine:

I have given this too much through, probably. I went over Shark Attack (Freezepop, "Fashion Impression Function" 2001) "I took a spin on the giant wheel / like my life the prizes passed me by" or Circus Latino (The Attraction, Self-Titled Release, 1979) which is this sort of melancholy but hopeful song, which is always the right mood. Does including songs I rejected violate the rule? Officially I would like to submit...

In high school my friend felt that this song seemed like me. Later, I would spend six years in hospitality, three of them with a manager who told me I should go into revenue management. He said "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a little bit of a dick." I assured him that no, he was right I knew I was. Although, you sort of have to be when you have people making up stories to try and get a discount. Separately another friend told me I reminded her a lot of Basil Fawlty-- her father used to watch Fawlty Towers. I don't know if hospitality was the correct or worst career move for me.

I guess this song more sums up things from 2004 onward, but I couldn't find a single song that really summed up everything so I guess this is the best fit.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Nothing sums my life like 'Wrong' by Depeche Mode. 

This is it. This is my life. Everything is wrong. I can think of other songs that maybe sums my life. I always come to this. This is my life. I can try and force myself to think positive and think of a positive song. Wrong comes out straight forward, direct, immediate. Always. It's always Wrong. 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:38 AM, LeoGrun said:

I have given this too much through, probably. I went over Shark Attack (Freezepop, "Fashion Impression Function" 2001) "I took a spin on the giant wheel / like my life the prizes passed me by" or Circus Latino (The Attraction, Self-Titled Release, 1979) which is this sort of melancholy but hopeful song, which is always the right mood. Does including songs I rejected violate the rule? Officially I would like to submit...

In high school my friend felt that this song seemed like me. Later, I would spend six years in hospitality, three of them with a manager who told me I should go into revenue management. He said "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a little bit of a dick." I assured him that no, he was right I knew I was. Although, you sort of have to be when you have people making up stories to try and get a discount. Separately another friend told me I reminded her a lot of Basil Fawlty-- her father used to watch Fawlty Towers. I don't know if hospitality was the correct or worst career move for me.

I guess this song more sums up things from 2004 onward, but I couldn't find a single song that really summed up everything so I guess this is the best fit.

Super calli fredgulistic ex pe alli doschus!!! Ahahahaha